Sunday 6 March 2016

Parc Sovereign- Albert St, Singapore

HOTEL RATING: 6/10

Hello, my dear readers! I hope you've been well and have been looking forward to my next blog post. Well, I'm back with a new post and like what the title says, I'll be talking about another hotel in Singapore. Yes, I'm pretty frequent there, I know. And yes, it's expensive if you're converting your currency from a lower one like the Malaysian Ringgit. Urgh. Thinking about the depreciation of the Malaysian Ringgit makes me want to just curl up into a ball and die. Oh well, let's just skip all that and head on to the overview of this hotel now, shall we?

Well, well, this hotel has 2 branches, one at Albert St, and the other at Tyrwhitt Road, Kallang. The one I decided to stay at was the one at Albert St, and so, here goes. 

Overview
Parc Sovereign is a mid-tier class hotel located along 175 Albert St Singapore, directly opposite of Lasalle College of the Arts. This hotel is about a 10-minute walk from the Bugis MRT station (East West Line a.k.a Green Line), a 25-minute drive from Changi International Airport, and a 10-minute walk from the newly opened Rochor MRT station (DownTown Line a.k.a Blue Line). This hotel is convenient and easily accessible. Not bad, eh? 

Parc Sovereign on Albert St.

So, I checked in this hotel on the 24th of December, 2015. It was 238SGD for a 2 night stay in their Superior Double Room, and the price was inclusive of tax and service charge, which would mean that it would be RM714 after converting the currency to MYR at a 3.00 high. 

The Superior Double Room
The Superior Double Room or Twin Room is a 14 m² room with a choice of either 1 full bed or 2 twin bed. The room looked like the one shown below, and I was lucky to have gotten a room which overlooked the pool area. And right in front of the bed, you'll have a flat-screen TV and a vanity table with a large mirror in front of it. You could take it as a work table if you want too, just that everytime you look up, you'd be pretty much staring at your face. Hahaha! A mini bar, a safe, a coffee & tea maker, and WiFi is provided as well. 


The Superior Double Room

The Bathroom
The bathroom comes with a standing shower and a basic set of toiletries. There's honestly nothing much to shout about compared to all my previous bathroom posts, but well, its clean, and that's all that really matters, no? Just imagine a hotel bathroom with Cockroaches and stained mirrors. Oh God. Its horrifying enough to be thinking about it, what more the thought of being in that situation. 

The bathroom


Facilities and Services include:
  • Outdoor Pool
  • Playground 
  • Fitness Center
  • Front Desk Services- 24-hour Front Desk, Baggage Storage

Check-in time: From 3pm
Check-out time: Until 12pm

 I would rate this hotel a 6/10 because of the accessibility and the friendly staff, and I would come back to stay if I'm around that area. I do hope that this has helped you narrow down your options if you're looking for an affordable place to stay around Singapore that is close to the town and city. Till then. xx

Disclaimer: This write-up and the opinions shared are all mine. I was not paid to promote or to review this hotel whatsoever. All pictures provided are not mine as they have been taken from the web.

No comments:

Post a Comment